Multibeat Music - Awarded & Nominated Projects
For a current/up-to-date list of awards, see also: Thillaye Productions awards page.
This summer's detailed efforts on IMAX Rocky Mountain Express were recently nominated for an MPSE award.
Here is the list of award-winning and award-nominated projects I've been involved in. The IMAX films and The Future Is Wild series were all awarded to the Thillaye Productions sound team, of which I was an active member.
- 2011 MPSE Golden Reel Awards: Nomination, Best Sound Editing: Special Venue: Under the Sea 3D.
- 2010 Giant Screen Cinema Association: Nomination, Best Sound: Ultimate Wave 3D.
- 2010 Giant Screen Cinema Association: Nomination, Best Sound: Hubble 3D.
- 2010 International Wildlife Film Festival: Finalist, Honorable Mention Award for Sound Design: Under the Sea 3D.
- 2009 Daytime Emmy: Nomination, Best Sound, Children's Series: The Future is Wild.
- 2007 Moscow Film Festival: "Perspectives" Award, Best Film: Monotonija (sound mixer, audio postproduction).
- 2005 Golden Reel Awards: Other Categories, Sound Editing in a Special Venue Film: NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience (sound designer).
- 2004 Giant Screen Theatre Association Film Achievement Awards, Best Sound 2004, NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience (sound designer).
- 1994 Istvan Award, Queen's University (for excellence in electroacoustic composition).
- 1992 Canadian Student Showcase, Jean Oser Award for excellence in documentary filmmaking: with Chris Grismer for "Which Part Of No Do You Not Understand?"
Multibeat Music - Karl Mohr - Curriculum Vitae
A Curriculum Vitae outlines my past accomplishments.
You can download a PDF copy of the CV as well.
Multibeat Music is a registered Ontario business.
Photography: Omar Mosleh, Ivonka Frankova, Carol Bell.
Web site design & content: © 2012 Multibeat.